Friday, January 27, 2012

Sign my petition. Bayfield Recall

For several years now my husband and I have taken a winter break and stayed at a bed and breakfast in the village of Bayfield on the shores of Lake Superior.
About this time of year I start to recall our great times up there and remind my husband of how we enjoy it.
This year he said the fateful words I never wanted to hear, "Maybe we should try someplace else this year."
I think I need to circulate a petition requesting that my husband reconsider.
I really want to go to Bayfield again.
Below are my reasons.
Please consider the facts. Then, if you see me standing on a street corner with a sign that says 'Recall Bayfield' would you sign my petition? Thank you.
We get to see a leg lamp house


and beached boats

and Narnia trees.

We get to eat at Maggie's

and stay at the historic inn

and admire the library from the outside

and inside.

We see skates

and sunrises over Lake Superior

and the ice road on Lake Superior

and visit my beloved big sister.

But the clincher for my husband is always the chance to glimpse these.
Maybe this will be the picture for
my recall poster. All is fair in the Bayfield Recall Battle.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

You know, I couldn't imagine going to Bayfield as a WINTER break as my mind goes to warm sunny beaches away from snow and cold. Bayfield has always been a fun summer getaway from time to time. So, I figured your reasons wouldn't convince me UNTIL you hit the big sister one. Yup, my heart ALWAYS weakens when family gets involved. So, I'll sign your petition if need be for that reason alone :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

ScheltyDebate said...

I second the sister motion. And then you don't need a recall, just a final vote of ayes!

Susan said...

I would love to eat at Maggie's, so I would sign your petition, depending on how far South your husband's thinking about. But seeing a sister would trump warmth...

Lori Lipsky said...

Oh dear, it's best if I don't take sides between you and your husband. I enjoy seeing new and different things so much that I might come down on the wrong side and accidentally sign the wrong petition.

I did enjoy seeing glimpses of great times you've had in Bayfield. The ice road on Lake Superior reminds me of a book I'm reading by a certain Prude-ish author.

Suef said...

Seeing the photos it make me want to go there myself and see your sister too. Good luck with Mr. Prude. If you do go someplace new just thinks of all the new photos and disapprovals you could come up with! You need more time so you can do both.

Joanie said...

Recall, recall, recall!