Friday, April 27, 2012

Imagery

-->


In the mega store employees are required to greet me.
They ask if they can help. I say, “No, but thank you for asking.” One particularly persistent young woman asks how I am doing and if my day is good and if I have some time to talk about switching to satellite television.  I tell her thank you for asking but we are happy with what we have. That was it. Nothing particularly gracious.
And you know what she said? “Thank you for not running away.”
Can you believe it?
This young woman made in the image of God had to thank me for treating her as such. Yikes. Shouldn’t it be the default response?
So today I want to celebrate our ‘image of God’ ness and share a few of my thousand favorite photos of folks made in the image of God.

4 comments:

Lori Lipsky said...

Beautiful words and photos.

Susan said...

A wonderful reminder not to be in too much of a hurry to be gracious, from one of the most gracious ladies I ever met!

The Prude said...

Oh Susan. Thank you. Not to be redundant, but I would say the same thing about you :)

Sue Vick Finley said...

Good gracious I almost missed this one and good gracious it is good to be gracious!