Friday, November 16, 2012

A picture, a poem and pleasure for your palate.

It’s a catch-all day here at the Prude’s.
First comes a recent favorite photo.
In the middle? My umpteenth time sharing a favorite poem with you.
And at the end my new favorite recipe for candy so simple even your dog (were he blessed with opposable thumbs) could make, and so delicious that Edmund would have chosen it over Turkish Delight.


First the photo. I never have my camera handy when Something is happening. But when I heard the geese calling overhead, and remembered the moon was lingering in the morning sky, I managed to get off a shot before the geese disappeared.




Here is my favorite poem, by Dixie Wilson. I know. I know. I put this on my blog last November and the November before that. Lord willing I’ll do it again next November.
Blogger’s prerogative.


The Mist and All

I like the fall,
the mist and all
I like the night owl’s
lonely call

and wailing sound
of wind around.

I like the gray
November day,


and bare dead boughs
that coldly sway
against my pane.
I like the rain.

I like to sit
and laugh at it
and tend my cozy
fire a bit


I like the fall
the mist and all.




And finally. A treat. Have you had those chocolate covered caramels sprinkled with sea salt? Did you love them, but hate the calories? Oh my friend. Just buy some dried apricots. Dip them in melted dark chocolate. Sprinkle with that sea salt. And delight in every healthy, tasty morsel.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am putting dried apricots on my list. I have made these before without the sea salt, how much better they will be!

Lori Lipsky said...

The geese photo is a delight, but the poem is double that. You've paired it marvelously with your photos. It feels new to me, but apparently I've seen it here a time or two before. Maybe it's one of those poems that gets more wonderful over time. I'm glad you've shared it again.

ScheltyDebate said...

I'll allow the poem and pics to be my pleasure and forgo the apricot bits, although the sea salt sounds yummy with milk chocolate and caramels! lol (I learned to spell prerogative today on your blog and realized I must have always mispronounced it...)

Robin Steinweg said...

Idon't know what I find most delectable, Prude---the candy, the photos, or the words. Excellent!

Sue Vick Finley said...

What a great November post!! Poem and all!

Joanie said...

Love the poem and photos. Apricot chocolates a must try! Thanks, Anita!