On Hist’Ry Wednesday we learned a bit about Boudica, a first century queen in England. Boudica and the Romans had a falling out. The Celtic Queen and her warriors (remember the Celts who painted their faces blue and tended to skimp in the undergarment area from ‘Braveheart’?) marauded London, eliminating tens of thousands of Romans.
Today, Quirks of the Cosmos Thursday, we examine the astounding and quirky differences between Boudica of Yore and the Future Queen Kate of England on the eve of her wedding to Prince William.
The Prude realizes that David Letterman has been doing Top 10 lists for some time now, but she is supremely confident he has never tackled this particular list.
TOP TEN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE WARRIOR QUEEN AND THE PRINCESS BRIDE
10) ‘Will and Boudica’ doesn’t have the same ring as ‘Will and Kate’
9) Kate’s royal guard will be in full dress uniform; Boudica’s Celtic warriors were in full blue face paint
8) Boudica invaded London to get rid of the foreigners, foreigners are invading London to see the wedding
7) The Romans reported that Boudica wore multi-colored gowns, ‘Style’ magazine informs us that Kate’s gown is a mystery.
6) Kate will be chauffeured to her London nuptials, Boudicca preferred to drive her own chariot with her snow-white robust arms.
5) Boudica didn’t need to wait for her mother-in-law to step down from the throne
4) Kate is the toast of London. Boudicca toasted London.
3) Heads of State are rolling into London for the wedding, Boudica made sure the heads of statesmen would roll in London.
2) ) Elton John was only a child when Boudica was in power
AND THE NUMBER 1 DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOUDICA AND KATE
1) England was almost bankrupt at the time of Boudica and owed money to a foreign power…
oh wait. Maybe things haven’t changed so much after all.
See you tomorrow for Photojournalism Friday!